Artist/Maker: MENCHACA STUDIO (since 2010)
Object/Materials and Techniques: Fiberglass Sculpture decorated with Fine Crystals Beads / Bronze Horns and Hoofs with a 14 karat Gold Bath.
Date: Created in 2019
Dimensions: H. 30 cm. x W. 23.5 cm. x L. 49 cm. / Weight 8 kg.
Art style: Sculpture / Huichol Art / Modern Folk Art
Elaboration time: 5 months
Current Location: Artist’s collection in Mexico City
Curator’s note: ‘Transcend yourself into the soulful Huichol world of Menchaca Studio.’
Praised for the opulent blend of the ancient Mexican spirit with the contemporary vision, Menchaca Studio consciously chooses to put in the spotlight the forceful bull which, since ancient times, holds powerful symbolic representation.
Bulls epitomize masculinity in the animal kingdom, and give rise to feelings of astonishment when seen in nature because of their dominating features. Their elegant physical characteristics along with their bold character, and their timeless link with strength and power in both their physical and spiritual presence, all contribute to their potent symbolism, nearly equal to a king, across many cultures, warranting praise and worship.
Respectively, the present bull figurine sculpture of Menchaca Studio collection, entitled Elegance And Bravery, sets the grace standard. Thoughtfully designed, it carries a special sense of sacred character and physical vigor.
In the same way to the entirety of Menchaca Studio’s total output, so too the fiberglass bull sculpture is conceived and handcrafted in collaboration with a special selected group of artisans, members of the pre-conquest community of native Huichol Indians of Mexico’s remote Sierra Madre Occidental region whose culture has survived through thousands of years.
Capitalizing on the traditional technique of Huichol Art that draws upon both, the carefully bead by bead embedding by hand, and the powerful motifs of imagery, the authentic Huichol bull sculpture poignantly and beautifully exemplifies traditional beadwork. It combines fine crystal with intricate pattern details to form an attractive mosaic that interweaves with the ancient symbology of the millennium Huichol art, and its shamanistic traditions.
Thus, as a genuine artwork of the Mexican millenary Huichol tribe, Elegance And Bravery emerges from within, achieving a strong bond between the reality and the divine. By means of a process in which it communicates with the ‘spiritual world’ of Huicholes, it powerfully incorporates their immortal culture, belief and profound knowledge with regards to nature, history, religion and cosmology.
Despite its small size, the animal statuette, so dominant in shape and deceptively astounding in form, looks like a marvel to behold in the natural world. The elegant outlines of the corpus accurately display its dynamic silhouette plus give the impression of potential movement, while its appearance, through bronze horns and hoofs with a 14 karat gold bath, reflecting the intensity in its brave action.
Undoubtedly, the impressive Huichol bull of Menchaca Studio carries such a compensating largeness of effect that inevitably thrusts itself into attention, magnetizing the viewer at once.
Distinctive with a modernist take, succeeds in contracting timeless cultural traditions, while effortlessly revealing a whole new remarkable world of modern folk classiness.
Ancient art practices & modern aesthetics ➞ all in one-of-a-kind unparalleled piece of art.
Discover on |’n Art| platform the Art and Culture of Mexico through the handmade authentic works of Menchaca Studio, broadly acknowledged for their strong impact to the viewer, as masterfully delivered by Huichol people.
Place now into your space the fine crystal statement bull statue to signify strength, power and glory.
- Most of these Indian Art Pieces are exclusive and one-of-a-kind, made once in a lifetime, so if you desire to acquire this one, do not hesitate to do it!
- Each piece of Menchaca Studio on |’n Art| gallery online platform is totally unique, and your item may differ slightly from the item pictured.
- Custom orders may be placed.
- With strong commitment, since its inception, towards encouraging and promoting Social Contribution & Cultural Elevation Initiatives, around the globe, it is with deep respect and honour that |’n Art| collaborates with such groups of artists, as the renowned Menchaca Studio, that, inter alia, contributes greatly to cultural preservation. In this case, |’n Art| aims to provide a constant source of income to artisans in order to promote economic development in different Mexican regions and encourage the survival of this ancient sacred culture.
- Making a purchase on |’n Art| platform, you are directly supporting a community, a group or a family of Mexican artisans that struggle to maintain alive the millenary Mexican heritage.
- All Menchaca Studio creations are delivered with a certificate of authenticity.
➞ You are kindly invited to become an integral part of this special art display and valuable interaction.