Artist/Maker: Menchaca Studio (since 2010)
Object/Materials and Techniques: Fiberglass Sculpture decorated with Fine Crystals Beads / Bronze Horns and Hoofs with a Nickel Bath
Date: Created in 2019
Dimensions: H. 16 cm. x W. 11 cm. x L. 32 cm. / Weight 2.8 Kg.
Art style: Sculpture / Huichol Art / Mexican Art / Modern Folk Art
Elaboration time: 9 months
Current Location: Artist’s collection in Mexico City
Curator’s note: ‘Transcend yourself into the soulful Huichol world of Menchaca Studio.’
The mighty Rhinoceros gives rise to feelings of astonishment and wonder when seen in the wild nature. This herbivore may call forth, in a misleading way, the tenderness of Mother Nature that proves so fertile for such a vigorous beast.
Respectively, as a genuine artwork of the Huichol tribe, Rhinoceros of Menchaca Studio emerges from within, achieving a strong bond between the reality and the divine. Despite its small size, the animal statuette, so dominant in shape and deceptively sensational in appearance, along through its precious fine crystal beads and intricate motif details, inevitably thrusts itself into attention magnetizing the viewer at once.
Conceived and handcrafted in collaboration with the selected group of artisans of Menchaca Studio, members of the pre-conquest community of native Huichol Indians of Mexico’s remote Sierra Madre Occidental region whose culture has survived through thousands of years, the present artwork acts as an homage to the distinctiveness of their artistry and hand-craftmanship. By means of a process in which it communicates with their ‘spiritual world’, the piece powerfully incorporates their immortal culture, belief and profound knowledge with regards to nature, history and cosmology.
Capitalizing on the traditional technique of Huichol Art that draws upon both, the bead by bead embedding, and the powerful design and imagery, the authentic Huichol fine crystal Rhinoceros figurine sculpture of Menchaca Studio combines lively emblematic elements to form an attractive mosaic that interweaves with the ancient symbology of the millenary Huichol art.
Distinctive with a sophisticated luxury and an elegant neo-Mexican appeal, it contracts timeless cultural traditions, while effortlessly reveals a whole new impressive world of modern folk classiness.
Ancient art practices & modern aesthetics ➞ all in one-of-a-kind unparalleled piece of art.
Discover on |’n Art| platform the Art and Culture of Mexico through the handmade authentic works of Mechaca Studio, broadly acknowledged for their strong impact to the viewer, as masterfully delivered by Huichol people.
- Most of these Indian Art Pieces are exclusive and one-of-a-kind, made once in a lifetime, so if you desire to acquire this one, do not hesitate to do it!
- Each piece of Menchaca Studio on |’n Art| gallery online platform is totally unique, and your item may differ slightly from the item pictured.
- Custom orders may be placed.
- With strong commitment, since its inception, towards encouraging and promoting Social Contribution & Cultural Elevation Initiatives, around the globe, |’n Art| chooses with deep awareness and consideration to collaborate with such groups of artists, as the renowned Mechaca Studio, that contributes greatly to cultural preservation. In this case, |’n Art| aims to provide a constant source of income to artisans in order to promote economic development in different Mexican regions.
- Making a purchase on |’n Art| platform, you are directly supporting a group or a family of Mexican artisans that struggle to maintain alive the millenary Mexican heritage.
- All Menchaca Studio creations are delivered with a certificate of authenticity.
➞ You are kindly invited to become an integral part of this special art display and valuable interaction.