Artist/Maker: MENCHACA STUDIO (since 2010)
Object/Materials and Techniques: Resin Sculpture decorated with Fine Crystals Beads
Date: Created in 2019
Dimensions: H. 16.3 cm. x W. 14.5 cm. x L. 20.8 cm. / Weight 3.5 kg.
Art style: Sculpture / Huichol Art / Mexican Art / Modern Folk Art
Elaboration time: 6 months
Current Location: Artist’s collection in Mexico City
Curator’s note: Unfettered from space and time, the Scull sculpture of Menchaca Studio, like a ritual reminiscence of lost collusions of antiquity, discerns the enigmas of certain past or present civilisations traced ‘somewhere or elsewhere’ in the secretive Mexico’s remote Sierra Madre Occidental region.
Alike the entirety of Menchaca Studio’s total output, so too this Skull artwork is conceived and handcrafted by a selected group of artisans, members of the millenary pre-conquest community of native Huichol Indians of the mountains and canyons of Mexico whose culture has survived through thousands of years.
Capitalizing on the traditional technique of Huichol Art that draws upon both, the carefully bead by bead embedding by hand, and the powerful motifs of imagery, the Huichol fine crystal Skull sculpture of Menchaca Studio acts as a homage to the exquisiteness of the natural artistry of Huichol Art, and the distinctiveness of the hand-craftmanship of Huicholes. By means of a process in which it communicates with their ‘spiritual world’, it powerfully incorporates their immortal culture, belief and profound knowledge with regards to nature, history, religion and cosmology.
Thus, as a genuine artwork of the Mexican millenary Huichol tribe, Skull emerges from within, achieving a strong bond between the reality and the divine. Through its fine crystal beads and intricate pattern details that form a luxurious and attractive mosaic, effortlessly magnetizes the audience into its captivating world of mysticism and saga.
Due to this distinctive opulent combination of ancient art practices with modern aesthetics, in particular, the authentic Huichol Scull sculpture of Menchaca Studio leaves and indelible mark upon the viewer, and can turn any venue, where placed or exhibited, into an audacious and deluxe display.
It traps primitive sentimentalities and opulent feelings while, at the same time, showcases such a sophisticated luxury and an upper-class elegant neo-Mexican appeal that further turns itself into an unparalleled collectable and object of desire.
➞ A statement piece, ecumenical and universal.
Do not waist time and make it yours!
Discover on |’n Art| platform the Arts and Cultures of Mexico, and delight your eyes as much as your mind through an encounter with the exclusive content of the Mexican treasures handcrafted by local artisans of Menchaca Studio, the indigenous Huichol Indians.
- Most of these Indian Art Pieces are exclusive and one-of-a-kind, made once in a lifetime, so if you desire to acquire this one, do not hesitate to do it!
- Each piece of Menchaca Studio on |’n Art| gallery online platform is totally unique, and your item may differ slightly from the item pictured.
- Custom orders may be placed.
- With strong commitment, since its inception, towards encouraging and promoting Social Contribution & Cultural Elevation Initiatives, around the globe, it is with deep respect and honour that |’n Art| collaborates with such groups of artists, as the renowned Mechaca Studio, that, inter alia, contributes greatly to cultural preservation. In this case, |’n Art| aims to provide a constant source of income to artisans in order to promote economic development in different Mexican regions and encourage the survival of this ancient sacred culture.
- Making a purchase on |’n Art| platform, you are directly supporting a community, a group or a family of Mexican artisans that struggle to maintain alive the millenary Mexican heritage.
- All Menchaca Studio creations are delivered with a certificate of authenticity.
➞ You are kindly invited to become an integral part of this special art display and valuable interaction.