Artist/Maker: Menchaca Studio (since 2010)
Object/Materials and Techniques: Fiberglass Sculpture decorated with Swarovski Colourful Crystals
Date: Created in 2019
Dimensions: H. 26 cm. x W. 25.5 cm. x L. 34 cm. / Weight 3.5 kg.
Art style: Sculpture / Huichol Art / Mexican Art / Modern Folk Art
Elaboration time: 3 months
Current Location: Artist’s collection in Mexico City
Curator’s note: Unanticipated and eye-catching, the Swarovski Formula1 Helmet of Menchaca Studio collection conveys modern refinement, lavish raw material and a seductive sculpted form of impeccable quality.
In the same way to the entirety of Menchaca Studio’s total output, so too the present Formula1 Helmet art piece is conceived and handcrafted by its selected group of artisans, members of the pre-conquest community of native Huichol Indians of the mountains and canyons of Mexico whose culture has survived through thousands of years.
Capitalizing on the painstaking bead by bead embedding and the powerful symbolism of imagery, two of the most important components of Huichol Art, the Swarovski F1 Helmet of Menchaca Studio acts as an homage to the distinctiveness of the artistry and hand-craftmanship of Huicholes. Through its vibrant colourful Swarovski crystals and intricate pattern details that form an attractive mosaic, it leaves and indelible mark upon the viewer contacting inventively ancient art expertise and modern aesthetics.
Over the last years, the oeuvres of Menchaca Studio have succeeded in taking Huichol art out of its original context onto appearing in the form of modern and fashionable objects, steadily penetrating the realm of popular culture.
Internationally acclaimed brands and organizations including Formula 1 of Mexico launched a fruitful collaboration with Menchaca Studio and its selected group of Huichol artisans, upon adorning their special edition products and fashion exclusive pieces entirely with Huichol art and imagery, further using new materials, like Swarovski crystals. Menchaca Studio masterfully integrate them into special edition and exclusive objects, as in the present F1 Grand Prix helmet, yet preserving the original symbols and the legacy of techniques of the millenary Huichol art.
In that respect, the Huichol Swarovski F1 Helmet of Menchaca Studio collection, being a genuine artwork of the Mexican Huichol tribe, succeeds in highlighting the exquisiteness of the natural artistry of Huichol Art, and synchronously showcases a bold neo-Mexican appeal that turn itself both into an upper-class, luxurious collectable and a statement object of desire.
Undoubtedly, distinctive for its opulent blend of ancient art practices with modern aesthetics and interpretation, this exce[tional piece of art can turn any venue, where placed or exhibited, into an audacious display.
Discover on |’n Art| platform the Arts and Cultures of Mexico, and delight your eyes as much as your mind through an encounter with the exclusive content of the Mexican treasures as handcrafted by local artisans of Menchaca Studio, the indigenous Huichol Indians.
- Most of these Indian Art Pieces are exclusive and one-of-a-kind, made once in a lifetime, so if you desire to acquire this one, do not hesitate to do it!
- Each piece of Menchaca Studio on |’n Art| gallery online platform is totally unique, and your item may differ slightly from the item pictured.
- Custom orders may be placed.
- With strong commitment, since its inception, towards encouraging and promoting Social Contribution & Cultural Elevation Initiatives, around the globe, it is with deep respect and honour that |’n Art| collaborates with such groups of artists, as the renowned Mechaca Studio, that, inter alia, contributes greatly to cultural preservation. In this case, |’n Art| aims to provide a constant source of income to artisans in order to promote economic development in different Mexican regions and encourage the survival of this ancient sacred culture.
- Making a purchase on |’n Art| platform, you are directly supporting a community, a group or a family of Mexican artisans that struggle to maintain alive the millenary Mexican heritage.
- All Menchaca Studio creations are delivered with a certificate of authenticity.
➞ You are kindly invited to become an integral part of this special art display and valuable interaction.