Artist/Maker: Vasilios Roumeliotis (b. 1977) / Roumelight
Object/Materials and Techniques: Metal Alloy / Acrylic Glass
Date: Created in 2019
Dimensions: H. 85 cm. x D. 14 cm. x W. 60 cm. (adjustable hanging) Wheel diameter: 50 cm.
Colours: Fuchsia Canvas / BMW’s Metallic Black Blue, Bronze, Gold Metal Parts
Art style: Light Art / Luminism / Lighting Sculpture / Industrial Design
Current Location: Artist’s collection, Mykonos
Curator’s note: ‘Put Yourself into a Luminous Forceful Rotation’
A rather powerful piece of Roumelight lighting collection, the Wheelight Fuchsia, exudes plenteous materiality, a highly developed state of quality and an allusive take on contemporary forms and luminism.
This BMX bicycle-style wheel lighting installation, hangs like a seductive sculpture in its radial arrangement with bold circular shape and strong industrialised presence.
So named for its spherical lighting explosion, Wheelight Fuchsia piece encases every space with a warm glowing light featuring a harmoniously impactful embodiment of sculpture and functional design.
- The lighting colour of the lamps is warm white.
- The intensity of lighting may be adjusted by switching between the inner and the outer rings of lights or by dimming the interior G4 lights.
- Different lighting combinations (inner wreath, outer or both) are feasible, and there is a large variety of lighting colouration on the outside luminous wreath.
- The inner luminous wreath is dimmable.
- Regarding the background, in place of the plexiglass, a choice of coloured glass or glass with printing (of any subject) is obtainable.
- The wheel may be customized in different sizes and colours, including the legendary BMW’s Metallic Black Blue.
- The style of the wheel may vary (classic with braided spokes or radial without braided spokes).
- There is possibility of choosing a rectangle instead of a circular canvas, giving a totally different style to the overall Wheelight installation.
- Technical support for assembling or hanging the lighting work is recommended.
- Instructions by the artist may be provided.